Win a Swift SZ-L on Twitter!
#SuzukiSaturdays Competition Terms and Conditions
Suzuki is searching for those of you who know how to make the most of what the weekend has to offer.
For your chance to win a new Suzuki Swift SZ-L and a #SuzukiSaturdays day out, share a video of you enjoying your weekend and shouting out “Suzukisaturday(s)” on Twitter using the hashtag #SuzukiSaturdays and we will pick who makes the best video!
To enter you need to be over 18, a resident of the UK, have a valid clean UK driving license and be available to be filmed driving while taking part in a #SuzukiSaturdays Experience on 23rd July 2016 in Eastbourne. The video will be used by Suzuki in future promotional activity.
Entries must be less than 15 seconds and submitted between 12 noon on 1st July 2016 and 11:59pm on 14th July 2016. We’ll be judging entries so get creative!
The Promoter is Suzuki GB PLC, Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 4AE
1. Submitting a video entry (Entry) into this Competition is deemed to be acceptance by the entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Competition is open to residents of the UK who are aged 18 or over and who have a full valid UK driving license or valid international driving license that is valid for use on UK roads excluding persons that have previously been convicted of any of the following driving offences: Reckless/dangerous driving, Drink, Drugs, Insurance offences (Entrant). Entries from employees of Suzuki, their families, its agencies and anyone else connected with the Competition will not be accepted.
3. There is no purchase necessary. To enter Entrants must share a publicly accessible video on Twitter using #SuzukiSaturdays. The video must:
- Be 15 seconds or less in length
- Demonstrate the Entrant making the most of their weekend and show them shouting out “Suzuki Saturdays”
- Be of good visual and audio quality
- Be shared on Twitter using “#SuzukiSaturdays” between 12:00 noon on 1st July 2016 and 11:59pm on 14th July 2016.
4. Entrants must be available to be filmed taking part in a Suzuki Saturday Experience on 23rd July 2016 in Eastbourne if they win which may require travelling to Eastbourne on 22nd July 2016. Any Entrant who is unable to be available for the Suzuki Saturdays Experience will be disqualified.
5. A maximum of one Entry per person is permitted. Anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts and/or being found to circumvent the rules by submitting multiple Entries will be disqualified.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants and check their identity.
7. The Entry must be in-keeping with the Promoter’s brand image and must not contain any images of drinking alcohol excessively or in a way that could be deemed inappropriate, drugs, violence and/or any footage that condones unsafe, irresponsible or antisocial behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any Entry it considers to be offensive, threatening, abusive, obscene, defamatory or that in any way is deemed to compromise the integrity or goodwill of the Competition and/or Promoter.
8. Each Entrant warrants (or agrees) that they have not in the past and will not commit any act which causes or is reasonably likely to cause the Promoter, to be brought into disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or to otherwise be substantially prejudicial to the interests of the Promoter. In particular, the Entrant warrants that they have not been convicted of any alcohol related offence. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates this term.
9. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry and Entries that are of poor audio and/or visual quality will not be accepted.
10. Entrants agree that they have the permission to feature any identifiable third parties appearing in their Entry and that this permission covers the intended future promotional use by the Promoter. The Promoter will disqualify any Entries found to invade upon the privacy rights of third party individuals.
11. Entrants agree that they either
- Are the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights) to all content and elements incorporated in or used in the Entry; or
- Have the express written permission to use all content and elements from the owner(s) of the rights to such content and elements for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Any Entry that includes third party brands, likenesses of third parties without permission or contains content or elements not owned by the Entrant will not be eligible to win. Each Entrant is responsible for ensuring any Entry they submit does not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws. By entering the Competition the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against any third party claims in relation to infringement of rights or violation of laws.
12. All valid Entries will be reviewed to ensure that they meet the entry criteria set out above. Between 5 and 15 entries will then be shortlisted on each of the following dates:
- 5th July 2016
- 8th July 2016
- 12th July 2016
- 15th July 2016
13. Entries will be shortlisted based on compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the following:
- Audience appeal
- Production skill (although the most basic videos could answer the above but you’ll get extra recognition for effort)
- In keeping with the spirit of the competition
14. The Promoter may contact shortlisted Entrants to confirm eligibility and availability for participation in the Suzuki Saturdays Experience ahead of selecting a winner. The Suzuki Saturdays Experience is none optional. If for any reason an Entrant is unable or unwilling to take part they will be disqualified from the Competition and the Promoter retains the right to select an alternative winner.
15. A panel of judges including one independent judge will select one winner on 15th July 2016 from the shortlisted entries based on the criteria set out in term 13 above.
16. The winning Entrant will be notified of their success via direct message within 24 hours of being selected.
17. From initial notification the winning Entrant will have until 17:00 on 16th July 2016 to confirm their eligibility and availability. Failure by the Entrant to respond to the notification by 17:00 on 16th July 2016 will result in the Entrant being disqualified. In such circumstances the Promoter will select a different winner from the remaining shortlisted entries.
18. Once the winner has confirmed their eligibility/availability they will be announced on the Suzuki Twitter and Facebook pages.
19. There will be one winner who will win the main prize. The prize is:
- A Suzuki Swift SZ-L 5 door Petrol Manual OR a Suzuki Swift SZ-L 3 door Petrol Manual. The prize includes first registration fee, first year Road Fund Licence and delivery to the winner’s home address within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs which are not specifically stated in these terms and conditions including (where applicable) insurance and other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. Every new Suzuki Swift comes with a comprehensive 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first) and a twelve year anti-perforation warranty. Suzuki will not be liable for any mechanical failures, faults or service related costs except as set out in the warranty. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. The prize will be delivered within 3 months of the competition closing subject to the winner having provided correct and valid documentation as required by the prize provider. Such documentation includes without limitation a valid insurance cover note to register the car, a current and valid driver’s licence, a current and valid photo ID such as a UK passport and proof of address; and
- A Suzuki Saturdays Experience which will take place on the 23rdJuly 2016 in Eastbourne.
20. The Suzuki Saturdays Experience will take place in Eastbourne and will include the winner being filmed driving and a day out in Eastbourne on the pier (weather permitting). The winner may be required to travel on the 22nd July 2016 depending on their location and will be required to sign a release granting the Promoter the rights to use the film in future marketing.
21. The prize is non-transferable and must be taken as a whole. If for any reason the winner cannot take part in the Suzuki Saturdays Experience and/or refuses to sign a release granting the Promoter the rights to use the film in future marketing, they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
22. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prizes) and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
23. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prizes where applicable.
24. The finalists in this competition will be contacted and will receive a £50 Ticketmaster voucher. Ticketmaster voucher terms and conditions apply.
25. By entering the Competition, Entrants grant the Promoter, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights Entrant has in the Entry whether the Entry is the winner or not, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Competition, Entrant grants Licensees the additional licence to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the Entry into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish the Entry and to use the Entry for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate Entrant as the creator or author of Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to Entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees. To that end, Entrants hereby waive all moral rights (as defined in the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988) to prevent any editing of their Entries or demand that their names appear whenever their Entry is published.
26. There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the terms 26 and 27. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs (24, 25 and 26) will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
27. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a) Any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; and
b) Any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used; and
c) Any act or default of any third party supplier.
28. Your personal details will be retained for the purpose of the Competition and will not be processed for any other purpose, unless you choose or have chosen to receive marketing from the Promoter.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the Competition without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
30. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Competition, choice of prize winner(s) or any Entry, the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, Entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant resulting from entering this prize draw or by the Entrant’s acceptance of (or inability to accept or enjoy) the prize. In the event that the prize suffers any malfunction, fault, inoperability or other problem, the Promoter shall not be liable to the winner. This does not affect the winner’s statutory and contractual rights with the manufacturers of the prize.
32. The name and county of the winner will be made available on request until 14th August 2016 by writing to: Suzuki Swift SZ-L July Giveaway, Suzuki GB PLC, Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 4AE.
33. Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By entering, you acknowledge that Twitter bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. “Twitter”, “tweet” and other third party marks are owned by Twitter Inc and/or to the relevant third parties.
34. The Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize).