By entering the SX4 S-Cross Twitter ‘Win an SX4 S-Cross’ promotion (the "Promotion"), the public Tweet you circulate to enter the Promotion which explains why you believe you ‘have to have’ the new Suzuki SX4 S-Cross must:
1. be your original work and not include the work of a third party, or if it does include such work you must have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing;
2. not have been previously submitted in any competition or other promotion and has not won an award or prize of any kind;
3. not contain any use of the names or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to Suzuki GB PLC (the "Promoter") upon request);
4. not include trade marks, logos or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission;
5. not be subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter must not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or the exploitation of the idea therein;
6. not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any other individuals and/or entities (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter);
7. not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or discriminatory content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), does not contain content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter);
8. not include threats of any kind or anything that may intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter);
9. not violate any applicable local state, provincial, national or international law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence;
10. adhere to Twitter.com's Twitter Rules (which can be found at http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules#) and Terms of Service (which can be found at https://twitter.com/tos);
11. not feature, refer to, or mention any brands competing with the Promoter; and
12. not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter's hardware or software systems.
Terms and conditions for the SX4 S-Cross Twitter ‘Win an SX4 S-Cross’ promotion (the "Promotion")
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. The Promotion is open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents only, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its Dealerships and any of their respective subsidiary or associated companies and agents, and anyone otherwise associated with the administration or fulfilment of the Promotion. No purchase necessary.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and hold a full valid UK driving licence at the time of entry to the Promotion. Entrants must also have an existing user account with www.twitter.com ("Twitter") or create such an account prior to entering the Promotion and the profile of that account must be set to 'public' mode. The Promoter reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If the winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant and to require the return of the prize already awarded.
3. To enter the Promotion, entrants must access their Twitter user account and circulate a public Tweet which explains why they believe they ‘have to have’ the new Suzuki SX4 S-Cross, with the hashtag "#winthescross" also forming part of the Tweet. The content of the Tweet must also comply with the Promotion content rules which can be found below to be eligible for entry to the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Promotion any entry submitted if it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions (including the Promotion content rules) or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to the content of such an entry. Retweets will not be accepted as an entry to the Promotion. All entries need to be a manual Tweet created and sent by an eligible entrant. All correctly created and circulated Tweets shall be automatically entered into the Promotion. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry with the official hashtag correctly included within the Tweet. Entrants agree that any copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry to the Promotion will be owned by the Promoter and to this effect by entering the Promotion entrants agree to hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign to the Promoter, as legal and beneficial owner and with full title guarantee, by way of present assignment of all present and future rights, all rights, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in or arising out of their entry to the Promotion, for their full duration of such rights. Entrants also hereby agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral and similar rights vesting in their entry to the Promotion and to undertake to execute all such documents as are reasonably required by the Promoter to perfect the transfer or assignment of all rights, title and interests referred to in these Terms and Conditions to the Promoter. Entrants represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the rights provided for in this paragraph 3, and that all Tweet content forming part of their entry to the Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
4. The Promoter's decisions in relation to the Promotion are final and binding in respect to all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions may be disqualified.
5. Entrants may make a maximum of one entry into the Promotion. Any entries in addition to this may be disqualified. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No third party or bulk entries are permitted. The Promoter accepts no liability for entries incorrectly submitted and/or not received. Use of automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, sweepstake service or any other automated system) to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void.
6. The Promotion commences at 09.00 am UK time on 1st October 2013 (“Promotion Start”) and closes at midnight UK time on 31st October (“Promotion Close”). For the avoidance of doubt, this means that entries must have been received by the Promoter in accordance with these Terms and Conditions by the Promotion Close in order to meet the closing date validity requirements.
7. An entrant’s Twitter account must be a genuine, active profile and not one created to bias, spam or corrupt the entry process of the Promotion. Any entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Promotion may be disqualified.
8. The winner of the Promotion will be the first Tweet selected by a random draw of all the eligible, properly submitted entries to the Promotion by midnight on 31st October 2013. This draw shall take place no later than 17.30hrs UK time on 6th November 2013. The Promoter will Tweet the user name of the winner from the Twitter account @suzukicarsuk no later than 7th November 2013 and the winner will need to follow the @suzukicarsuk account in order for the Promoter to be able to get in touch with them via Twitter Direct Message.
9. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter via Twitter Direct Message and then will be communicated with by email and letter to confirm their winning and the delivery of their prize by 17.30hrs UK time on the 8th November 2013. Should the winner not follow @suzukicarsuk on Twitter or otherwise not be contactable within 25 days from their selection as the winner of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct another random draw of all eligible entries to the draw to award the prize to an alternative entrant, drawn in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. The prize is one Suzuki SX4 S-Cross ALLGRIP 1.6 Petrol SZ-5 with a choice of colour (subject to availability). The prize also includes first year Road Fund Licence, 1 years’ Roadside Assistance and delivery to the winner’s chosen Suzuki dealership within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport to the applicable dealership to collect their prize and insurance, and all other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in their notification of winning from the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant through conducting a further random draw of all eligible entries to the national draw.
11. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value.
12. The promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither the Promoter nor any of its dealerships, subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any third party that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
13. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
14. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
15. Details of the prize winner’s name will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
16. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to have their name and likeness used by the Promoter for advertising and publicity purposes if they are the winner of the Promotion, without further reference or additional remuneration.
17. The exclusion of one or any of these clauses shall not affect the validity of the others or of the agreement as a whole.
18. The Promoter will collect, process and use all entrants’ personal details for the purpose of administering the Promotion and they will be shared with the Promoter's agents and dealerships to the extent necessary to conduct the Promotion including for the prize to be delivered to the winner.
19. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
Promoter: Suzuki GB PLC, Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 4AE